No demo review yet
No live review yet
1. Band Name? My Pet Junkie
2. Why so called? Pet junkies are addictions that are not deemed social evil (like drugs or alcahol are) - like the obsession so many women have for shoe shopping. Everybody has a pet junkie :-)
3. Where From? Herts - Hitchin is our spiritual home, though none of us are from there.
4. Line Up? Stuart O'Connor - Vocals & guitar, Julia Bell - bass & vocals, Leon Camfield - drums & vocals.
5. Average Age? 28.
6. How long have you been together? 6 long, long years.
7. You are influenced by, or would appeal to fans of….? The Mars Volta, King Crimson, Billy Mahonie.
8. Your fans are mostly… The loveliest people on earth.
9. Any recordings? "When You're Not Busy", our album available fromRiverrun Records.
10. What makes you different? We've never performed to any audience without at least one of them saying "The thing about your band is, you've no idea where you're going to go". We like that.
11. A song you wish you’d written? Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt by The Mars Volta
12. Which of your songs is most likely to be a hit? Shut Up Fool - the closest thing we have to a straight forward song.
13. Career highlight? Supporting Ned's Atomic Dustbin was pretty cool.
14.Any good gig stories? Er - Leon once went up to Glenn Matlock, assuming him to be crew, & tried to get him to show Leon to the rider. Let's be fair - he is a pretty normal-looking bloke.
15. So the moral of this story is.... Leon doesn't really get punk.
16. Gigs coming up? As we have no idea when this is going to press, all we can sat is - check our MySpace!
17. website & myspace link www.mypetjunkie.com & www.myspace.com/mypetjunkie