No demo review yet
No live review yet
Local Band Interview Questions:
1. Band Name? SPLITFIRE.
2. Why so called? Originally we thought of "British Spitfire" to give us that Jam-esque mod edge, but it was too brit pop, too much like British Sea Power, and there are a few bands called Spitfire, so we SPLIT it up a bit, and kept FIRE for energy................ SPLITFIRE.
3. Where From? Nazeing and Broxbourne on the Herts/Essex border
4. Line Up? JOE Guitar/Lead Vox. TOM Bass/vox. LUKE Drums/Vox
5. Average Age? 16 Years old.
6. How long have you been together? 1 Year
7. You are influenced by, or would appeal to fans of….? SUPERGRASS, THE JAM, THE WHO
8. Your fans are mostly… Young and musically intelligent, attractive, supermodels not looking for long term commitment.
9. Any recordings? So far a 3 track promo demo for website purposes - www.splitfire.org or www.myspace.com/splitfireband all tracks can be added to our myspace site but as yet are unavailable to buy, unless you ask us nicely and we will give you one.......errr a cd that is.
10. What makes you different? Think new, mod, old skool, retro punk, with a twist of ska, and a slice of rock'n'roll pie on the side
11. A song you wish you’d written? My Generation by the Who
12. Which of your songs is most likely to be a hit? Michael Caine
13. Career highlight? First Gig, first review, first demo, first radio interview, first live session.........to be cont
Any good gig stories? Harlow Square rock contest first round.... Due to strange set up of a 5 minute soundcheck 5 minutes before we went on stage, the guitar leads got plugged in arse about face through the pedals which took us a further 5 minutes to sort out, because as the compere was getting frustrated and giving us the hurry up, we were flapping about and we couldnt find the input for the output if you catch my drift, then under extreme duress Joe broke 2 strings in the first song ,then changed to a second guitar which in the melee, hadn't been tuned up, By song 5, that's the fifth song not a song called Song 5, we got it together and cracked on towards song 6 when the cymbal stand, did a brewers droop type manouvre - twice, needing the assistence of Big Al (roadcrew) to crawl on stage left and power clamp said offending article, with the grip of a 43 year old roofer. Needless to say by the time we got to the end of an eleven song set,and one encore for luck the
Harlow square judging panel only had the audacity to send us through to the next round as band of the night!
As the dust settled and the crepe hats and party poppers had finally been swept into the dustbin of Rock 'n' Roll history, Essex County Council decided to pull the plug on the Harlow Square's Alchohol licence, and the Square in turn pulled the plug on the Rock Contest.
14. So the moral of this story is....hurry up and wait.........hold on a minute that gives me an idea.......!
15. Gigs coming up?
sat 21 Apr 2007 Corn Exchange Hertford
sun 22 Apr 2007 BBC 3 Counties Radio Session
thurs 26 Apr 2007 HARLOW SQUARE
sun 1 Jul 2007 3-STYLE Summer Free Festival
16. website & myspace link www.splitfire.org www.myspace/splitfireband